In this Beginner’s Guide to Online Craps, we will tell you about:
- What are online craps?
- How to play online craps?
- How to win at craps online?
- What are the best online craps?
- Can you play free craps online?
- Play the best online craps UK
If you’ve ever seen a craps table at a land-based casino, then you know how complex and confusing it can be at first glance. However, once you get the hang of it, it is one of the most interesting and fun casino games you can play. In this guide, we will tell you all about the rules and the objective of the game.
As the online gambling industry became more and more popular among players, most of the games were immediately adapted and turned into online versions. However, that was a bit more difficult when it came to the game of craps. It is a very social and engaging game, and it requires a degree of participation from the players.
Now, online craps are being played all the time around the world, both in land-based casinos and online. The rules are the same in the online version, with some small modifications, since this is a virtual experience after all.
Craps is a dice game that is played by rolling two dice and it is one of the more complex casino games. The same goes for online craps and it might take some time to grasp the rules and the way it is played, but that’s why we are here.
Basic Craps Rules
The game begins with the so-called come-out roll. This is the first roll in the round that determines how the round will progress. In this phase of the game, there are 3 possible outcomes.
- Natural is the first one. This is when the shooter (the player who rolls the dice) manages to land a 7 or an 11. This results in an instant win and the round ends.
- Craps is the second outcome. This is a situation when the shooter rolls a 2 (snake eyes), a 3, or a 12. If this happens, the shooter loses, but they get to roll again.
- Point is the last possible outcome and it occurs by landing 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10. That position will be marked with a white chip and the shooter has to roll again and land the same sum of the dice. However, if you manage to land a 7 in this second roll, this is known as “sevening out” and you automatically lose the round.
Craps Table Layout
The online craps table is very much like the physical version. The complexity of the game comes mainly from the arrangement of the table. There are different positions and numbers, which are related mainly to the betting options. Let’s explain them in order now.
Types of Craps Bets
The first betting options are the Pass or Don’t Pass lines. These bets are placed before the come-out roll and you are basically betting whether the shooter will win or lose.
- Pass Line - this means that you are betting that the shooter will directly win with a Natural (7 or 11), or that they will manage to get the point before they “seven out”.
- Don’t Pass Line - this is the opposite and it means that you bet that the shooter will lose the round. Either by landing 2 or 3 or by “sevening out” before scoring the point. If the shooter lands a 12, this is known as Push. It is basically a draw and you neither win nor lose.
Once a point has been rolled out, you get to make a selection between different types of bets. These are known as the Come and Don’t Come bets.
- Come Bet - this means that if a Natural is rolled out, you will win and if a point is rolled out, it will become the come bet point.
- Don’t Come Bet - this is the opposite and it works in the same way as the Don’t Pass. If the shooter rolls out Craps, then you win, while a 12 will result in a Push.
Then we have Proposition Bets. These are one-round-only bets, where you wager on the specific outcome of the dice. You can bet that that shooter will roll 7, or craps, you can also bet that they will roll out a double (6-6, 4-4, etc.)
The Horn Bets are when you wager that the shooter will roll out 2, 3, 11, or 12. Then, we have the Hardway Bets, which is when you bet that 4, 6, 8, or 10 will land.
Finally, we are going to focus on the Place Bets, Field Bets, as well as Hard 6 and Hard 8.
The first one can be set when you know the point and you can bet on any number that you believe will land next (before a 7 is rolled out). If it lands on the number you selected, you win.
The Field Bets are only active for one roll. You are wagering that the next number to be rolled out would be 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, or 12. If a different number lands, you lose.
The Hard 6 and Hard 8 bets are quite self-explanatory. It means that you believe that the next number to be rolled out will be a 6 or an 8.
We already explained the main types of bets that you can choose from when playing craps online and we also mentioned how you can win them too. In order to win at craps, you need luck and a degree of skill and strategy as well.
The main goal is to correctly guess the roll of the dice. Practice makes perfect and the game can get a lot more exciting as you get the hang of it.
Are online craps rigged?
The simple answer is no. The outcome of the dice roll is based on pure chance and it can be just as exciting as playing in a land-based casino. You should, however, pay attention to the odds and payouts of the specific casino you choose to play at, but when it comes to fairness, most of the reputable casinos utilize Random Number Generators in order to provide security and fair play.
There is little variation when it comes to online craps or craps in general. Unlike video slots for example, where you can choose different themes, and get a variety of bonus features, online craps offer the same rules each time. We do suggest that you choose only verified and trustworthy casinos, as they offer the highest level of safety and security to their players.
If you are still new to the world of online craps, there are many sites that offer free demo versions of the game. Playing free craps online is a great way to get more familiar with the rules of the game and to gain some experience before switching to playing with real money.
You can play craps online at some of the best online casinos in the UK. These include big names such as Playzee, Part Casino, 888 Casino, Mr Green, Virginia Games and so much more.