ROULETTE FOR BEGINNERS
There is a large possibility that you’ve already seen a roulette table before, even if you have never played and you are a total beginner in the gambling area, as they are an iconic symbol for every casino, whether a land-based one or an online casino. The Roulette wheel is what determines the outcome of the game and what gives the number that is awarding the grand prize, while the table is where you place your bets.
Roulette is a vast game if you decide to learn it all the way, and if you do, this is a good starting point.
Here we will try to give the best possible information for you to be able to make a bet all by yourself and understand how the roulette works.
The Roulette Wheel
The roulette wheel is what determines whether there will be a happy or a sad face on the players by deciding the number of the turn. The wheel is being spun and a metal ball circles around it until it lands on some of the numbers.
Here, you can see that there are 0-36 numbers equally divided into black and white coloured numbers, plus one green field with the zero on it.
An American wheel consists of one more field, the double zero, which is also green and increases the house edge t 5.26%
The Table and Roulette Betting
The table is where you place your bets, and you do that by placing the chips you’ve previously bought on the number that you think will land on the next spin of the wheel. All the numbers are placed on the table, with some interesting features all around the table.
There are two kinds of bets in Roulette – inside and outside bets:
- Straight Up – bet is a wager on a single number. Just place the chip on your wanted position.
- Split Bet – is a wager on two numbers. You make this bet by placing your chip, so it straddles the line between any two numbers.
- Street bets – you make this bet by placing your chip on the vertical line separating the outside and inside betting areas.
- Corner bet – you make this bet by placing a chip, so it is touching the four corners of the numbers you are betting.
- Basket bet is a five-number bet on zero – double zero and numbers-1-2-3
- Double Street bet – You place your chip on the line separating the outside and inside area as you do for the street bet but let it also straddles the row above or below.
The outside bets are any of the bets made in the boxes surrounding the numbers.
- Red Black Odd and Even are all even-money bets. Place your chips in the boxes on the layout.
- Dozens bet is made on the 12 consecutive numbers. Place your wager in the boxes marked 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36. If the ball lands on the zero, you lose.
- Column bets are also 12 number bets. These are the numbers in one of the three vertical columns. Place your wager in the boxes at the bottom of the layout.