Online Casino Payment Methods
The world of online casino is full of gaming options and experiences for every player’s taste. If you’ve already tried playing casino games for free and now you’re ready to play real-money games, you’re in the right place. Playing online casino games with real money means that you’ll have to add funds to your account. For that reason, choosing the right casino payment option is a necessary step that can elevate your gaming experience.
Here at SlotsWise, we’ve collected the most popular and trusted casino banking options that you can use for depositing and withdrawing funds. With payment options increasing and casinos offering more and more choices, it can be difficult for you to choose one. Not all payment methods are the same - some come with faster withdrawal processing time, while others have a higher level of security. So, it’s important to choose the method that suits you the best.
If you’re not sure which payment method to choose, feel free to read our casino payment methods guide. On this page, you’ll find the leading payment providers and what to look out for when choosing them. Keep reading and find out everything you need to know about the online casino payment options, including:
- The most trusted online casino payment methods
- How to choose the best casino payment method
- Online casino depositing methods
- Online casino withdrawal methods
- Most Trusted Online Casino Payment Methods
Our team has spent a lot of time reviewing and comparing the most popular banking options so you can make a decision about which payment method is the most convenient for you. Take a look at the most trusted online casino payment methods:
Debit cards are one of the most common ways of making online casino payments. After all, the majority of adults have at least one payment card that they use on a regular basis. These cards are connected to your bank, which means that they are ultra-secure.
When using a debit card to fund your casino account, you should register the card by typing the card number, expiration date, and the security number on the back. These details are encrypted by the casino so you don’t have to worry about someone stealing your personal information. Moreover, please note that as of 14th April 2020, the use of credit cards has been banned but you can still make deposits with your debit card. Some of the most popular debit cards that are accepted at online casinos are:
- Visa- It’s the most popular type of debit card that managed to maintain its status as the largest payment method across the world. It is accepted at basically all online casinos which makes it one of the most ideal payment options. It allows you to make instant deposits, usually without a transaction fee.
- MasterCard - Being the second popular type of debit card, MasterCard is also accepted at the majority of the casino sites and has proven to be a reliable and secure payment option. While deposits via MasterCard are immediately available to play with, withdrawals can take up to five days of processing.
- American Express - And the third trusted debit card all over the world is American Express, which offers safe and secure transactions. However, it’s not very commonly found at online casinos.
Prepaid cards are the best choice for players who don’t want to share their personal details with the casino sites. These cards or vouchers can be bought in local stores and then you should enter the code from the card into your casino account in order to activate the funds. There are a number of prepaid cards available but not all of them are accepted at online casinos. Here are the most common prepaid cards that can be found at casinos.
- Paysafecard- When it comes to prepaid cards, Paysafecard is the most popular and widely supported one. It’s easy to use and is available at most of the casino sites. Paysafecard is a voucher that you can buy online or at physical stores. Each Paysafecard voucher has its own 16-digit PIN and you have to enter this number in the payment section when making a deposit at the casino. Paysafecard is very popular because it offers both security and anonymity. Plus, there are no fees and deposits are instantly available to play with.
- EcoPayz - This is another secure online payment service, ideal for players who want to use prepaid cards at online casino sites. Just like Paysafecard, EcoPayz offers an instant, secure and anonymous way to deposit funds into your casino account. In addition, it’s accepted at the majority of online casinos in the UK. You can apply for a virtual EcoPayz card on its website or you can get a physical card sent to you via post.
E-wallets are another popular casino banking option that is widely used across the casino sites. Unlike prepaid cards, e-wallets are safe and secure digital wallets that are connected to your bank account. The biggest advantage of using an e-wallet for funding your casino account is the fast payment processing for both deposits and withdrawals. Moreover, e-wallets are 100% secure and your personal and financial data is always kept safe. On the other hand, the only inconvenience you’ll get when depositing with e-wallets is that e-wallets are not available for claiming welcome bonuses.
However, please note that under new regulations as of April 14th 2020, UK-licenced casinos won’t accept e-wallet payments where funds have been deposited using a credit card. This restriction doesn’t apply to funds deposited using a debit card or bank transfer.
Here are the most popular e-wallets that are used at online casinos:
- PayPal- PayPal is considered as the world’s most secure online payment platform that is also becoming one of the most used banking options at online casinos. PayPal is completely licenced and secure e-wallet that has advanced encryption over your personal details. It’s a great option to transfer funds in and out of your casino account as the withdrawals are often instant.
- Neteller- Another well-known e-wallet in the gaming industry is Neteller. It is trusted by millions of online casino players because it allows making fast and secure payments. Deposits made with Neteller are instantly available to use and funds can also be withdrawn quickly and easily.
- Skrill- Just like PayPal and Neteller, all online transactions made via Skrill are safe, secure and instant. Skrill is a widely accepted payment method across many online casinos and is available to use for both deposits and withdrawals.
Pay By Phone
Pay By Phone is not the most used payment method at online casinos, but it’s still a great option available to the casino players. Since mobile casinos are the next era of online casinos and more than half of the players access their games on mobile, Pay By Phone can be a great choice for depositing funds. Pay By Phone generally involves making deposits through your mobile network provider who will add that particular deposit amount to your monthly bill. But, please note that this payment method doesn’t have a withdrawal option, so you’ll be required to add an alternative payment method for withdrawing your funds.
To make deposits using your phone bill, all you have to do is to enter your phone number and a text message will be sent to your phone. After that, you’ll receive an SMS to confirm the transfer. When you make a deposit through your mobile device at an online casino, the funds are instantly added to your account and you can start playing immediately.
Here are the most popular types of Pay By Phone options:
- Boku- Boku is the most popular Pay By Phone option that allows players to transfer funds to their casino accounts through their mobile devices. It works on any mobile device including tablets and offers a user-friendly mobile app.
- Zimpler- Zimpler is another banking option which has been utilised by many online casinos. Customers who use Zimpler are only required to enter their phone number at the casino and will receive a unique code which can be used to fund their account.
- Payforit- The last well-known Pay By Phone method is Payforit, which is available on some online casinos. The cost of your deposit will be added to your monthly bill but there might be restrictions on how much you can deposit.
If you don’t want to use debit cards, prepaid cards, e-wallets or mobile apps to make deposits at online casinos, there’s another option. Bank transfers, just like payment cards, is one of the most secure ways to deposit funds into your online casino account. It’s one of the most trusted payment methods that you’ll find at almost every online casino site.
Here are the most popular bank transfer solutions:
- Wire Transfer - This type of bank transfer is ideal for players who don’t bother waiting more days for their funds to be credited to their account. Wire Transfer is protected by the most powerful security systems that your bank has. However, due to its slow processing time, this payment method isn’t the most popular among the players. While deposits are instantly available to use, withdrawals can take up to 10 days due to security checks.
- Trustly- Trustly is a modern banking solution that makes deposits to your casino account directly from your bank and vice versa. It’s a popular method because you don’t have to use your debit card or make a separate Trustly account. Just use the Trustly service to log in through your bank account and make your deposit.
Other Casino Payment Options
Apart from all of the above-mentioned payment options, there are many other methods that can be found at online casinos. There are a couple of banking options that are becoming more and more popular among the players. Some of them include:
- Google Pay - If you’re familiar with the Google products or you’re using an Android smartphone where you can download the Google Pay app, then you have another option for making deposits at online casinos. Google Pay is a digital wallet platform available to any customer who wants to use an Android device for making deposits and withdrawals. In order to deposit using Google Pay, you have to link your Google Pay account to a bank card on your name.
- Apple Pay - Just like Google Pay is for Android devices, so is the Apple Pay for iOS devices. It’s a mobile payment and digital wallet system by Apple that allows iOS users to make deposits and withdrawals at online casinos. In order to do that, you will be required to use your Apple TouchCode.
How To Choose The Best Casino Payment Method
Considering the number of options available at online casinos, choosing the best casino payment method for you can be an overwhelming process. No matter what payment method of the above-mentioned ones you choose, you can be sure that you’re choosing a completely safe and secure option. However, if you want to find the ideal payment method by yourself, here are some tips to help you choose what’s best for you:
- Security- Make sure to check the security protocols and licences attached to the payment method you’ve chosen;
- Payouts- Look if the casino accepts making withdrawals via your chosen payment method;
- Extra fees - Check if there are some additional fees involved when making deposits or withdrawals with the chosen payment method;
- Transaction speed - Check the speed of the transactions, as it can vary between different payment methods. Some take up to 10 days of processing;
- Deposit amount - If you plan to deposit a big amount of money, make sure to check if the payment method you’ve chosen has higher security standards;
- Anonymity- Check what information does the casino require from you to enter when making a deposit with your chosen payment method. If you don’t want to expose your personal details, choose prepaid cards of mobile apps;
- Bonuses and VIP programs - Be sure to check the terms and conditions that are attached to the bonuses and promotions at online casinos and learn what payment methods are accepted.
Depositing and Withdrawing Funds At Online Casinos
One of the biggest benefits that online casinos have compared to the land-based casinos is the bonuses and promotions that they offer. Casino bonuses come in all shapes and sizes, but the most popular type of casino bonus is the welcome bonus. The welcome bonus offer is waiting for you at almost every online casino. In some cases, you’ll get a £10 no deposit bonus, while in others, you’ll be able to grab a free spins no deposit bonus offer.
No matter what type of bonus you’ll want to claim, you’ll be required to deposit the minimum amount required for claiming it. So, here’s what you need to do in order to deposit at online casinos:
- Find the best online casino for you from our list of best online casinos UK;
- Press the ‘Play’ button and you’ll be redirected to the registration page;
- Register with the casino by providing the necessary information;
- Verify your age, email address, and relevant details required for the payment method you’ve chosen;
- Enter the amount you want to deposit;
- Claim your welcome bonus and start playing!
As you can see, the depositing process at online casinos is very simple and easy. So does the withdrawal process. However, the withdrawal processing time can vary depending on the payment option you’ve chosen.
Each casino has its own rules and timeframes, so you must read the terms and conditions that come with it. For example, as we’ve mentioned above, bank transfers can take longer for your funds to be processed. On the other hand, withdrawals via e-wallets can be instant.
There is a general rule at almost all casinos that you’ll have to withdraw via the same method you’ve used for depositing. However, remember that some payment methods, such as prepaid cards or pay by phone, cannot be used for withdrawals. Also, don’t forget to comply with other limitations when it comes to withdrawing funds, such as the wagering requirements, time limitations, security checks, withdrawal amounts, and more.
Every online casino payment method you’ll find at SlotsWise is 100% safe and secure. Different payment methods will protect your personal details in different ways. For example, with prepaid cards, you don’t even have to share your personal information with a third party. So, it all depends on your personal preferences about which payment method you’ll choose to deposit funds in your next gaming adventure.
Once you’ve chosen the best payment method for you, make sure to find the best online casino where you’ll deposit funds using that payment option. For that reason, make sure to check the new slot sites here at SlotsWise and make your pick. Good luck!