Released: 22 Sep 2022
In the newest addition to the popular Money Train series, Relax Gaming takes you on a train ride at some time in the future. Jump in and join the four characters in a place where locomotives are a lot more than the front part of a train. With 12 special symbols acting as modifiers in the Money Cart Bonus Round, this game’s upgrades may come in handy for winning great prizes. Hop in and read our full Money Train 3 slot review to find out the details.
Play With These Top Bonuses
Money Train 3 Slot Review
Table of Contents
- About Money Train 3 Slot
- Design, Symbols, and Graphics
- RTP, Variance, and Payouts
- Gameplay and Features
- Our Verdict
Relax Gaming did lots of improvements in the Money Train 3 slot compared to the previous two releases in the series. With a more futuristic approach here, it has avoided the Wild West theme used in the Money Train and Money Train 2 slot. In addition, there is an upgrade of the main bonus round, so let’s see all the details below.
Despite the theme change, in the Money Train 3 slot Relax Gaming has kept the 5x4 grid used in the previous releases of the series. The number of paylines remains as well, so there are 40 of them. You can land wins if you match 3-5 symbols, positioning them adjacently, left to right on a line.
Even though there aren’t too many bonus features, you can potentially trigger respins or a strong bonus round with 12 special symbols. Here prizes may be amazing, as the maximum win potential can reach up to 100,000x the stake.
The Money Train 3 slot comes with a powerful outlook, just like the other two releases. Yet, here, the reels are set on a locomotive in a place that looks like a laboratory and not the Wild West. Relax Gaming flavoured the design with mystery as there is a skull in the front of the vehicle, but there are other elements that open questions about the story, as well.
In the bonus round the scene changes and is set near watermills. Players’ experience is enriched with a powerful soundtrack that goes along with terrific animations.
As for the symbols, the low-paying diamonds, clubs, hearts, and spades have values of 3x to 5x the bet for a full payline. The high-paying 4-character symbols may pay 8x to 20x the stake for a payline full of matching symbols.
To complete the paytable, the wilds do the typical role of replacing regular pay symbols in winning combinations and pay as the top paying symbol.
The Money Train 3 RTP is set at 96.10%, which is above the industry average. Its high volatility may deliver highly valued but less frequent rewards, which as a definition is explained in our variance, volatility and RTP guide.
The amazing win potential of up to 100,000x the stake is combined with a tight betting range. You can bet with at least 10p or with a maximum of £10 per spin.
While we played we had luck triggering the respins feature. Yet, the game can be different for each player. Let’s explain the features in detail.
The Respins feature is pretty much the same as the other games in the series and you can trigger it from the base game. Here you play with one symbol that turns sticky each time it lands on the grid. The round starts with one respin.
Multipliers of x1, x2, or x3 may also land. However, these do not remain on the grid but increase the win multiplier. With no new symbols landing, the feature ends and a payout consideration follows.
Money Cart Bonus Feature
You can trigger the main bonus round by landing at least 3 bonus symbols in the base game. The feature’s Persistent gold symbol can also replace the bonus symbol for the activation. The triggering symbols remain on the grid as they become sticky and 3 respins are awarded.
Symbols have a value shown on them. If the Persistent symbol is one of those that triggered the round, it also becomes active before the first spin. Any new symbol landing becomes sticky and resets the spin counter.
Filling a column with symbols opens another one which may happen twice. In addition to the regular symbols with multipliers of x1 to x10, you can land the following special symbols:
- Collector – it collects all values on the grid, adding them to itself.
- Sniper –it chooses 3-8 of the bonus symbols and doubles their values. One symbol’s value can be doubled several times.
- Collector-Payer – it selects 3-5 symbols and adds their values to its own, then adds its new total to those targets.
- Necromancer – it activates 2-7 non-persistent special symbols again after they’ve been already used. This can happen more than once for one symbol.
- Absorber – it removes all normal bonus symbols from the reels. Special symbols aren’t included here.
- Tommy Gun Sniper – it picks a random symbol and doubles its value 2 to 6 times.
- Tommy Gun Payer – it displays a value of 5x to 100. This value is added to the value of a random symbol 3 to 10 times.
- Persistent Collector – it collects all values in view and then they are added to its own at the end of the spin and on each of the following ones.
- Persistent Sniper – it selects 3-8 bonus symbols and doubles their values at the end of the respective spin and on each following. This can apply to the same bonus symbol several times.
- Persistent Collector-Payer – it selects 3-5 symbols each time a spin ends and adds their values to its own. A payout follows with the new values of the symbols.
- Persistent Necromancer – it activates 1-7 non-persistent symbols again and it can do this more than once.
- Persistent Shapeshifter – becomes a different special symbol after each spin.
The round ends when the respin counter reaches 0 and there are no new symbols on the grid.
Other Relax Gaming Slots
As Relax Gaming is one of the best providers in the industry it is natural to have great games. Some of the excellent releases released recently include the Wild Chapo Dream Drop slot, the Neko Night Dream Drop slot and the TNT Tumble Dream Drop slot, all including the Dream Drop Jackpot feature. You can also check other Relax Gaming games on Slotswise.
To sum up, Money Train 3 slot design is the first thing that catches the eye of the player, but the gameplay is terrific as well. As it isn’t always about the number of bonus features, Relax made one strong bonus round where the developers were pretty inventive.
A downside may be the tight betting range, but there is the awesome win potential of up to 100,000x the stake to possibly bring you fantastic prizes. To try a Money Train 3 demo, you can look into the online casinos we recommend on Slotswise.
Discover the Money Train 3 slot by claiming a welcome offer right from this page and play at top-rated online casinos.
- ProviderRelax Gaming
- Min Bet0.10
- Max Payout100000.00x
- Max Bet10.00
- Bonus Rounds2
About The Author
Marta is a writer who adores creating comprehensive game reviews, news, and other iGaming content. She has played many online slots and understands well how they work. Furthermore, she always cares to bring the most important info, and explain game features concisely. Contact Marta @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to our Mailing List
Keep a look out for our emails containing great offers!