London, United Kingdom
Deposit £10 Play With £60
Playtech is one of the largest software development companies in the gaming industry. They are one of the market leaders that produce recognisable games that players are familiar to slots players. In fact, take any slots popularity list and it will surely feature plenty of Playtech slots.
Playtech was founded back in 1999, which makes it one of the oldest online casino software providers. The first headquarters were in Estonia, in Tartu. Teddy Sagi is Playtech’s founder, he’s wealth is estimated at above $3.5 billion, but he is no longer the main shareholder in Playtech, he only owns few percent of their shares.
Following its establishment in 1999, Playtech launched their first casino in 2001 and in the next several years the company managed to find its place on the market, in fact, the team behind Playtech managed to do a lot more, Playtech became one of the leading and top operators on the market.
The company was floated on the market for the first time in 2006 and its value at the time was estimated at about £550m, but it is worth a lot more now. In fact, the company’s revenue exceeded €800 million in 2017 and the net income came to about €250 million.
Playtech’s main headquarters are currently located in Douglas, Isle of Man and there are offices throughout the world.
In fact, Playtech currently have offices in 17 different countries and the company employs a total of 5,000 people. There are 140 casinos and other operators that offer Playtech’s games and the company is currently active in 20 regulated jurisdictions.
- Now, let’s have a brief look at Playtech’s history as a company and what they’ve been up to in the last 15 years or so. We already mentioned that the company was founded in 1999 and that their first casino was launched in 2001.
- The iPoker network was launched in 2004 and it became the largest poker network in the world. The real growth probably started in 2006 when the company was traded on the London Stock Exchange for the first time.
- Bingo Broadway was also launched in 2006 and the Playtech long-term recruitment initiative was launched in the summer of 2006. An academy was launched in Estonia, as well as a development centre in Bulgaria.
- Mor Weizer was named Playtech CEO in 2007 and he is still their CEO. Playtech’s cooperation with major brands, especially international companies. A lot of partnership deals were signed in the few years following 2007 and Playtech entered a lot of markets, including Italian and Spanish markets.
- Playtech acquired a number of other smaller companies in the period from 2007 to 2011, including several various entities in 2011. In 2012 Playtech was listed on the Main Market of the LSE, and that was a true testament of the company’s worth and value.
- A lot of things happened in the upcoming years, Playtech kept acquiring other companies, including leading providers. In the beginning of 2017 Playtech acquired Eyecon, a company that has previously produced 70 online slots, including some pretty popular titles.
- As you can see, Playtech’s growth has been pretty exciting in the last almost tow decades and the company will sure go on to produce a range of multiple high-quality games.
Playtech offer a wide range of different games, with over 600 in their portfolio and many licensing agreements with companies such as NBC Universal, HBO and Marvel mean they produce franchised games featuring some of the world’s most recognisable characters.
Playtech are known for their Marvel comics themed games including X-Men, Incredible Hulk and Iron Man. Even though these games are no longer available, as the partnership deal was halted in 2017, Playtech retained its position as one of the premier online slots developers.
They are also known for their popular progressive jackpot game Beach Life and the company is constantly developing new products. In the past few years Playtech have been delivering 50 new games per year and if that trend continues their library will soon include 1,000 games or more.
Let’s have a look at some of Playtech’s top games and their feature.
Frankie Dettoris Magic Seven
Everybody who is into horse racing has heard of Frankie Dettori, he is one of the top jockeys, in fact he is the only one who managed to win all seven Ascot races, hence the name – Frankie Dettoris Magic Seven. This game features 25 paylines, and it can be played with a minimum of one penny per payline, which equals 25p per spin. You can wager a maximum of £250 on Frankie Dettoris Magic Seven but beware if you’re willing to increase your wager up to such an amount.
This game features two bonus features – Ascot and Race. In the Race feature you can get up to 35 free spins if you finish first. If you want to know more about this game, check our detailed Frankie Dettoris Magic Seven review.
This is a pretty common slot theme and Playtech’s Gladiator is one of the top online slots based on the mega popular Ancient Roman athletes. This game is actually based on the film of the same name. It also features five reels and 25 paylines and it can be played with a minimum of a single penny per payline and the maximum stake is set at £250.
This game includes three bonus features, the Colosseum bonus, the Gladiator bonus and the standard Gamble feature. You can win up to a maximum of £1,000 in the Gamble feature and a lot more in the other bonus features. Check out our Gladiator slot review.
American Dad is one of the most popular contemporary sitcoms, so it isn’t surprising that there’s a slot game based on it. You can play this game with a minimum of a single penny per line. This game features five reels, four rows and 40 paylines. A review of this game is also featured on our site, check it out.