Released: 7 Mar 2023
Tropical lagoons and pirate parrots await you in ELK Studios’ brand-new Pirots slot. Explore this unique pirate-themed game that offers original game mechanics and an exciting gaming experience with an impressive maximum win potential of up to 25,000x the stake.
I loved playing the Pirots slot. Don’t make a typical mistake, so claim a fantastic bonus offer below to make the most of the experience!
Pirots Slot Review
It’s always fun when video slots get an interesting twist. One of the more interesting ones includes pirate animals like the Pirate Sharky slot and the Cats of the Caribbean slot. The Pirots slot follows a similar atmosphere, and I enjoyed a unique way of playing spiced up with superb features like Free Drops, modifying symbols, and more!
Table of Contents:
- About Pirots Slot
- Design, Symbols, and Graphics
- RTP, Variance, and Payouts
- Gameplay and Features
- Our Verdict
Regarding its structure, the Pirots slot starts off with a square 5x5 grid that can expand to a maximum of 8x8 during the bonus rounds. There are no paylines but rather a unique collection mechanic in which the parrots collect symbols of the same colour if there is an adjacent path across the grid.
The betting range is highly flexible, and you can bet as low as £0.20 and as high as £100 per spin. These options can be suitable for high rollers and those that prefer smaller-stakes gameplay.
Spectacular visuals are a highlight of the Pirots slot. Set within a shady lagoon, the reel trims are presented as ropes that fit seamlessly with the background. The surroundings are amazingly detailed, and I enjoyed palm trees and beaches in the distance while playing. Moreover, the music is somewhat adventurous.
On the reels, regular pay symbols include blue, red, green and purple gems. These symbols may be upgraded throughout the game, and at the maximum level, they can pay out between 3x to 15x the stake, which may lead to some great outcomes.
Parrots are the key symbols in the Pirots slot. One parrot of each gem colour will land on the grid on every spin, collecting gems. Other symbols that may land are the Feature symbols such as wilds, transform, upgrade, coins and bombs, but more about them in the gameplay section below. Finally, scatter symbols may also land, and collecting 3 of them will trigger the Free Drops feature.
The Pirots slot has an RTP of 94%, well below the industry average. The maximum payout may potentially reach up to an impressive 25,000x the stake while the volatility falls in the medium-high range.
You can learn more about these terms in our detailed Variance, Volatility, and RTP guide!
Excellent visuals aren’t the only thing I liked about the Pirots slot. The gameplay is also phenomenal, so let’s take a look at the different bonus features included in the game and how they work.
Each time gem symbols are collected, the rest of them will drop down to fill the gaps. Moreover, new ones will also land to fill the rest, which will continue as long as symbols are collected.
Feature Symbols Feature
All gems that are collected are put into a meter above the reels. Once the meter is full, 3 gems will be turned into any of the following Feature symbols.
- Wild - substitutes for any gem at the current pay level and may be collected by any parrot;
- Transform symbol - transforms a cluster of gems around it into the collecting parrot’s colour or other Feature symbols;
- Upgrade symbol - these symbols either upgrade the colour of gems for the collecting bird or, if at maximum level, it will upgrade another gem. There are also multicoloured upgrade symbols, which upgrade all gems;
- Coins - coins award a fixed cash prize when collected;
- Bomb - Bombs are collected by any bird, and when there are no more wins, they explode. Once they explode, the playing grid is expanded, and all symbols except feature symbols around the bomb are replaced with new ones. The parrots will also be removed before landing in new positions.
Free Drops Feature
Collecting 3 scatter symbols on the same spin will trigger the Free Drops feature. Once activated, you will be awarded 5 free spins. The current playing grid size is carried over to the bonus, and collecting 3 more bonus symbols will award you an extra 5 spins.
The X-iter feature is not available in the UK, but it offers several features that players can enter for a price.
- Bonus Hunt - 3x the stake for one drop with four times the chance of triggering the Free Drops feature;
- Feature Bonanza - 10x the stake for one drop with a guaranteed full symbol collection and triggering a feature;
- Maximum Grid Size - 25x the stake for one drop at the maximum 8x8 grid size.
- Super Bonus - 500x the stake to trigger the Free Drops feature on the maximum grid size, where upgrade symbols will upgrade all gems.
Other ELK Studios Slots
ELK Studios is a developer with a reputation for providing many quality slots. Unique game mechanics and immersive atmospheres are part of the experience, so you can check out the Book Of Sam slot, the Tropicool 2 slot, and the Nitropolis 4 slot.
The uniqueness and originality of the Pirots slot are what won me over. I especially loved how wins are formed by collecting symbols rather than across paylines. The numerous modifying symbols also add quite a lot to the slot, with the only downside being the below-average RTP, which some players may find disheartening.
On the other hand, the game offers an impressive maximum win potential of up to 25,000x the stake, so I recommend checking it out first-hand!
Discover the Pirots slot by claiming a welcome offer right from this page and play at top-rated online casinos.
- ProviderELK Studios
- Min Bet0.20
- Max Payout25000.00x
- Max Bet100.00
- Bonus Rounds4
About The Author
Welcome to our Mailing List
Keep a look out for our emails containing great offers!